Jason

Do DACA students get financial aid?

Every state and college is different. You need to speak to the financial aid counselors. In tx we qualify for emergency loans only.

In CA, those who have attended a CA high school for 3 yrs and graduated from said high school, qualify for in-state tuition. we also now, qualify for private scholarships but we still do not qualify for federal loans and grants.

but like Itzel, said, one will need to talk to their school's financial aid department in order to see if they qualify for any assistance.

In CA, those who have attended a CA high school for 3 yrs and graduated from said high school, qualify for in-state tuition. we also now, qualify for private scholarships but we still do not qualify for federal loans and grants.

but like Itzel, said, one will need to talk to their school's financial aid department in order to see if they qualify for any assistance.

but starting on January 1, 2013 we(those living in CA) will qualify for cal grants and also for the UC grant and CSU grant :D

but starting on January 1, 2013 we(those living in CA) will qualify for cal grants and also for the UC grant and CSU grant :D

thank you for reminding me. i completely forgot about those too. every little bit helps when going to school. wish i had all that when i was in school. lol :)

I'm from New York City and I'm currently a college student. Does this cover financial aid as well?

Interesting question, I would like to know about fafsa in NYC before applying to CUNY !!

Interesting question, I would like to know about fafsa in NYC before applying to CUNY !!

The best thing to do is speak to someone at the school, like the financial aid officer or the dean of student life. From what I heard, they are very nice and they would pull some strings to get you something, specially if they believe you are a bright student.

FAFSA is available to US citizens or eligible non citizens. We dont qualify.

Heres the link with more info:

http://studentaid.ed.gov/eligibility/basic-criteria

But there are some states that have a similar form of aid like FAFSA but available only in that state and availble to non citizens (thats us) who have no status, like Texas has the TAFSA.

I haven't checked since November last year but for NYC students, we don't qualify for financial aid. Currently they're trying to pass an act kind of like the California Dream Act in NYC which will allow us to eventually get financial aid, but we'll see.

As for CUNY's, I think they do give financial aid to undocumented students. The lady I spoke too wasn't clear but I think you also have to have good grades to get it. You should call to verify. Good luck! :D

FAFSA is available to US citizens or eligible non citizens. We dont qualify.

Heres the link with more info:

http://studentaid.ed.../basic-criteria

But there are some states that have a similar form of aid like FAFSA but available only in that state and availble to non citizens (thats us) who have no status, like Texas has the TAFSA.

I have applied for FAFSA, waiting for results.