Alex

waiting sucks

While we wait I guess we might get something done that will help us in the future. For those in CA that are in college and have taken advantage of AB540, there is another part to that that will take on effect on 1/1/13. It is called AB131 and will allow us to get some financial aid and fee waivers. This is a link to the info I have found. http://www.csuchico.edu/fa/categories/ab540.shtml . Good luck to everyone. I am about to make sure everything is in place so that I can take advantage of this before next semester starts.

Ok -

So I gave USCIS a call today...

After holding for 15 mins, I was able to talk to a representative in the first level of Customer Service.

I told the guy that I wanted to do a Service Request, since I had called USCIS before about my query, sent a message to NSC-Customer Connect, and had not received any answer whatsoever.

I was transferred to the next level of Customer Service...

After waiting for an additional 35 mins on the line, I was finally able to talk to another Rep higher up in the food chain.

She was very blunt and would cut me off from time to time. I mentioned my issue and the fact that I was not able to access my Case Status online. Her answer was, and I quote: '...You will not be able to access your Case Status online...'

Even though she showed a 'prickly' demeanor at the beginning, she was nice overall and she asked me to confirm my address, receipt number, and Alien number (I had one from a previous case I filed with USCIS; check my post from Introduce Yourself to know more about it). After confirming that information, I asked her if I could have any info regarding the progress of my application. She said that everything was in order, that they had my case on file, and that the reason that she wanted to confirm my mailing address was because she wanted to know where I would receive my acceptance letters.

It took a load off my shoulders to get some positive feedback, even though I am not able to check my case status online like many of you can.

So it goes without saying that if you have been waiting for a while, and if you haven't been 'dinged' (declined), you will eventually get approved.

However, it wouldn't hurt if you harass them from time to time. Even though we are not 'fully legal,' we have the right to know what the hell is going on.

Hope this post and the info provided helps more people aside from myself.

Cheers!

Your timeline ?

Your timeline ?

App Sent: Aug 15th

App Rec: Aug 17th

Bios Date: Sep 13th

Service Centre: Nebraska

EAD notice: Not Yet <_<

Any Notice: Not Yet <_<

Check Status Online: Never will be able to <_<

Able to relax : Not Yet <_<

How I feel right now: http://25.media.tumb...j3g5zo1_250.gif

How I am going to be when the mailman arrives with my EAD: http://24.media.tumb...x8lgjo1_400.gif

Me & my brother had Biometrics the same day and he got his EAD almost a month before me =0 mine is on its way now though!! :D Be patient it'll get to you lol