Sign in to follow this  
NilviaRR

MINORS (under 18)

Soo, I received my license last week and I am taking a kid from my town to his biometrics appointment because his parents don't know how to get there and are scared to take him since they don't have a license... I just wanted to make sure that if you are a minor, you don't need to have your parents come with you... Anyone who is under 18 and had their biometrics appointment already.. did you need your parent/guardian there??? I just don't want to take him all the way there (3 hr. drive) and find out he needs a parent/guardian there... 0_o

I don't think so. The biometrics appointment letter doesn't require a parent/guardian for minors. My bro is 16 and he didn't need a guardian to be with him when he was taking the biometrics.

I don't think so. The biometrics appointment letter doesn't require a parent/guardian for minors. My bro is 16 and he didn't need a guardian to be with him when he was taking the biometrics.

Ohh Great!! So he went by himself then?

Excellent!! Thank you guys!! Just didn't want to arrive there and have the poor kid be turned away for something so minor! My sister and I are 22 and 19 and don't personally know anyone else who has had their biometrics done, so this is helpful!! Also, do you know if any service centers turn down walk-in biometrics? Another girl has her appointment for two days after the kid I'm taking and she hasn't found a ride so I was considering taking her the same day as well! Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome! Gracias!

Yes, there have been some locations that don't allow walk-ins, but the majority do. It can't hurt to try. If they don't want to let her in, tell the guard that she won't have a ride on her appointment date and that she came from far away.

Excellent!! Thank you guys!! Just didn't want to arrive there and have the poor kid be turned away for something so minor! My sister and I are 22 and 19 and don't personally know anyone else who has had their biometrics done, so this is helpful!! Also, do you know if any service centers turn down walk-in biometrics? Another girl has her appointment for two days after the kid I'm taking and she hasn't found a ride so I was considering taking her the same day as well! Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome! Gracias!

I'm pretty sure that only happens on busy states, but the rest will do it without any issues. Best of luck and drive safe!