Sign in to follow this  
Rodrigovela17

work form

Do you have to apply to deffered action first, get accepted and then apply for the work permit ? I was wondering because don't you need some type of number for the work permit application?

i thought we get the work permit under the dream act not the deferred action? or no?

but yes, we do need SSN for the work permit

I think i heard you have to send both forms at the same time.. but they havent said to where? i guess just wait till Aug. 15. only 9 days left! but they said the price will be around 1000$

Hi:

New guidelines were released on friday with new information regarding DACA. We are trying to apply for DACA because the Dream Act hasnt passed.

Heres some important info:

How do I request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals?

Beginning August 15, 2012, you will be required to submit your request for consideration of deferred action to USCIS through a form, along with a form requesting an employment authorization document. The total fees will be $465. USCIS is still developing the forms and will be submitting them to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. Pending OMB clearance, the forms and instructions will be available on the USCIS website on August 15, 2012. Do not submit any request to USCIS before these forms are available. All requests received before August 15, 2012, will be rejected.

Heres the link to the new guidelines:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f2ef2f19470f7310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=f2ef2f19470f7310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Good luck

non of these answer my question -_-. My question is don't you need to get accepted for deffred action first then apply for the work permit? i think you need a certain number to apply for the work permit and you get that number by getting accepted for deffered action..

Rodrigovela17, that is why you will submit both form at the same time. Once your DACA app is approved you EAD app will be approved as well. Once, you have your EAD card, you can take it so the SSA office and apply for a SSN.

Rodrigovela17:

If you read my response and pswa83 responses, you'd see your questions were answered.

Lets break it down by listing your questions.

1.Do you have to apply to deffered action first, get accepted and then apply for the work permit ?

When you submit your deferred act application, you will also submit your employment authorization application (work permit)

2.I was wondering because don't you need some type of number for the work permit application?

I dont understand this question, when you say number, Im assuming you're referring to a social security number. Your social security number will be assigned to you after your employment application is approved.

Is this all clear?

If not, let me know, I'll try and help you the best I can.