Sign in to follow this  
Rawf

Why are people showing their SSN?

I'm wondering why so many DACA Applicants who have been accepted are showing their social security numbers all over the news and photos.

Why people, why? It is something so personal and dangerous to freely display to everyone!

Probably they're people who dont know what a social security number is or what it's used for. Most likely high schoolers who haven't known the importance of an SSN. I saw a thread on DAP where the poster was surprised that the SSN card was just a piece of paper. He had never seen one.

If someone asks me which one is fake and which one is real, I don't think I would be able to notice which one is which since I own a fake and now the real one and the texture, size and even the cutting part are the same, including the colors and dots.. =/

It amazes me that this is actually happen , I would of thought people would know and be careful with the great opportunity it has been given to us.

Yeah no kidding. I was freaked out when my first copy got lost in the mail. Then they reissued it BUT I am still wondering what happened to the other copy.

When mail arrives under someone's else name we leave it in the mailbox for the mailman to take it back.. and hopefully that happened to yours. But I know some families who are noisy and open mail that isn't for them.. which sucks.