Sign in to follow this  
itzel

Notarized/translated Birth Certificate?

I called USCIS hotline today to inquire about what paperwork would be sufficient to establish ones identity.

I was informed that any document not in english, such as birth certificates, need to be notarized and translated.

I also inquired if a mexican consulate id was sufficient and I was told it was as long as the id is government issued.

In other words, start getting your birth certificates translated if you havent done so yet and make sure to have some type of id.

I also asked about passports but was told that if needed that information would be released the 15th.

Good luck to everyone.

Tano123:

You can google notarized/translated birth certificate (name of are you live in) and get information on that.

You're welcome. I found a business who can translate, certify and notarize it for $34. Please dont get ripped off, I dont recommend letting anyone charge you over $50. If so, they're being greedy.

Good luck

$34 is a very good price for an agency to translate and notarize a document. I paid $89 dollars for my birth certificate's translation and notarization. When I first began looking for an agency I found one that was charging up to $100. The more they charge it doesn't mean they are greedy or such. Certain agencies just have better credibility than others.

When you look for a translation agency or someone providing the service they have to have some sort of certification ( I can't remember the certification) but the USCIS will only accept those translated birth certificates done by certified agencies. Make sure you check the agency you hire, that their work gets accepted by the USCIS. (mines came with a seal, guaranteed to be accepted by USCIS)

Just saying...

pswa83:

Heres the link to the business thats translating my birth certificate:

http://www.certified-translation-services-us.com/index.html

I am due to receive it on Wednesday, they offer: the translation will be certified and the letter of certification will be notarized, as required by USCIS.

This is for $34 with FREE Priority Shipping Expedited Shipping Available. If you do contact them tell them I sent you ;)

I called USCIS a few minutes ago and was told the following:

Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

In other words, the agency Im working with to translate my birth certificate will be doing the job just right :D

I got my birth certificate translated already and stamp by a notario but damn he sucks at translating! i found like 5 mistakes in the copy. you think that be a problem once i send it? if yes, so i can re do it again by someone better!

KokyAmador:

If you found mistakes on the translation, I personally wouldnt sent that in. I put the link above of a good place, the place I'll be getting my translation. I should receive it Wednesday. If you want, wait and when I receive mine, if I see they did a good job, I'll let you know

Sounds good pswa83, but if you'd like to wait like kokyamador, thatd also be okay. Ill be picking it up on Wednesday and soon as I get it, I'll log on to let everyone know on this topic how it looks.

Just picked up my notarized/translated birth certificate. Its PERFECT. Included with the 34 dollar fee is a notarized letter certifying the accuracy of the translation. I recommend this website 100%.

This is the link:

http://www.certified-translation-services-us.com/index.html

This is the special:

Online Special

Mexican Birth Certificate Translation

only $34.00

FREE Priority Shipping

Expedited Shipping Available

I recommend going to your local consulate or attorney to get the birth certificate translated. It doesn't cost as much as you might think and you know you can obtain it the very same day from a qualified person.

I don't trust online services with my entire birth information, but cheers to those that have been able to obtain it that way.

will a school ID work???

You will need a birth certificate nonetheless. A student ID with your current address should be fine to use as an identification, but a passport would be more useful.

Nuvi:

I took a quick look at the link you provided me and it looks pretty legit to me, ask if they have experience in translating documents for the USCIS, if so, go for it.

I provided this link http://www.certified-translation-services-us.com/index.html because I shopped around and I tried to find the best price.They are also located in my city so I was able to get it ASAP. They're $34 plus free expedited shipping. I got my translation from them and Im extremely satisfied because it also includes a notarized letter saying the translation was done correctly. The way I provided my birth certificate was scanning it and sending them an email with the scanned document.

Rawf:

Before looking for a business online that did translations, I contacted my local consulate. Unfortunately, they dont provide that service. I also was under the impression that if they offered that service, it'd be economical...

la plancha:

I honestly am not sure. I personally wont be providing a passport, but even if its expired I dont see why they wouldnt accept it. ( my personal opinion)