Sign in to follow this  
Audi90

California id

you need to apply for a SSN, if you already do not have one. You go to the SSA office where you live. Show them your EAD along with your passport or birth certificate.

Once you have your SSN, you go to the DMV, and apply for an ID.

i applied for the ID the same day i took my permit test and then took my behind the wheel test a week after i got my permit.

Try to find out if anybody you know . has any old test from the dmv. thats pretty much what I studied and passed on the first try

i just studied the handbook. most of it is common sense. there are 4 verisons of the written test so unless you get all 4, your studying will be limited. i just walked into the DMV and grabbed a handbook and walked out.

I already have a social from when I entered U.S. (not valid for work), so when I go apply for a SSN..I know the number will be the same except I can work now because

my EAD is approved.

Question is..can I go straight to the DMV the day I apply for my SSN also since I know the number will be the same?

Can you just go to the DMV with a printout to get DL or do I have to wait for the actual card

yeahhh i went to get my printout on monday and then went to dmv to apply for ID and Driver License and they didnt even look at the printout they just scan my EAD and thats was it... and i passed the writting test the same day... i have my behind-the-wheel on wednesday...

i already have my ssn, but now it's going to be eligible to work but it's the same number.

Knowing my number already, should I go to DMV now to apply for DL? Or should I wait for the information to process