Sign in to follow this  
Mmsj_09

Still waiting??...getting frustrated

My application was received on August 31st, went for biometrics Sept.26 and I'm still waiting to get approved. I just been getting so discouraged and its a little frustrating reading about people the had their biometrics taken way after me and have gotten approved already, I'm happy for those people but why did my case have to take so long!

I'm turning 21 next month and it would be nice to be able to drive, work, and go out without having to carry around my passport. I hate having to explain to everyone why I'm 20 yrs old and don't drive, I don't like to say I'm illegal and so people just think I'm lazy. I know this is more of a rant than a question but I just needed to let that out and most of my friends have no idea I'm illegal, I come up with the craziest stories.

Hang in there. While there have been some people that got approved ahead of you, there are still others that applied before you still waiting. Try not to worry too much about it. Your time will come.

Also, Do you think that there would've a problem that I sent a copy of my old passport?? I got it when I was 5 and all the info is hand written, I renewed it a few years ago but instead of getting a whole new passport they just attached a current photo and a renewal stamp on one of the pages, my lawyer made copies of both pages and didn't say anything about it but I worry if that is a problem or not

Don't worry about it, I sent copies of mine and I was 13 at that time.. In my case the passport has always been valid, but they never change the photo unless you travel to the country I was born in.

The passport is valid as long as it has the valid until stamp.

hang in there. i get that you're frustrated. i'm one of the most inpatient people that my mother knows...lol until now, i wasnt able to drive either. try being 29 and not being able to drive. lol

My application was received on August 31st, went for biometrics Sept.26 and I'm still waiting to get approved. I just been getting so discouraged and its a little frustrating reading about people the had their biometrics taken way after me and have gotten approved already, I'm happy for those people but why did my case have to take so long!

I'm turning 21 next month and it would be nice to be able to drive, work, and go out without having to carry around my passport. I hate having to explain to everyone why I'm 20 yrs old and don't drive, I don't like to say I'm illegal and so people just think I'm lazy. I know this is more of a rant than a question but I just needed to let that out and most of my friends have no idea I'm illegal, I come up with the craziest stories.

I have been feeling the same lately, there are more others who are in the same boat as us. I guess we need to be a little more patient and it should be coming to us soon.

I have been feeling the same lately, there are more others who are in the same boat as us. I guess we need to be a little more patient and it should be coming to us soon.

Can't agree more, lately I've been a little anxious and some days i will just randomly get in a terribly bad mood. All I can say and maybe you're getting bored of hearing the same thing (just like me) is to be patient, don't stress it out and let things flow as it should, been impatient and anxious won't do anything but harm ourselves. Hopefully the day will come, as others may have said, we have been waiting for years and years for a moment like this one and maybe months or days or even hours away (for some) won't hurt, let's be positive and just think about all the good things that will come with it :) but as for now, enjoy what you have right now, even if you have plenty of free time, enjoy it, cause maybe after you get approved you won't have much free time ever again. Best of luck to you and everyone else who's waiting for their approval, and for those who are just getting started with the process, you have a long way to go but this is just a kick start to all the dreams you once had and were taken away when you realized your legal situation. It's now the time for us to act, to take the chance and the opportunity this country has given us and show them how much we want to contribute to what most of us call this home. Once again, just be patient, i know it's hard, but let things flow as it should.

Can't agree more, lately I've been a little anxious and some days i will just randomly get in a terribly bad mood. All I can say and maybe you're getting bored of hearing the same thing (just like me) is to be patient, don't stress it out and let things flow as it should, been impatient and anxious won't do anything but harm ourselves. Hopefully the day will come, as others may have said, we have been waiting for years and years for a moment like this one and maybe months or days or even hours away (for some) won't hurt, let's be positive and just think about all the good things that will come with it :) but as for now, enjoy what you have right now, even if you have plenty of free time, enjoy it, cause maybe after you get approved you won't have much free time ever again. Best of luck to you and everyone else who's waiting for their approval, and for those who are just getting started with the process, you have a long way to go but this is just a kick start to all the dreams you once had and were taken away when you realized your legal situation. It's now the time for us to act, to take the chance and the opportunity this country has given us and show them how much we want to contribute to what most of us call this home. Once again, just be patient, i know it's hard, but let things flow as it should.

Aaii Aaii Captain :)

Thanks for the kind words, we'll hear some good news soon Amen !

Aaii Aaii Captain :)

Thanks for the kind words, we'll hear some good news soon Amen !

You're very much welcome ma'am, I'm glad I could help you cheer up a little bit and not only you, but whoever feels the same way.